We have recently completed a small exercise to gain some realistic photos of our complete group.
The exercise was carried out on a very hot day in July - and the resultant pictures I hope are realistic - do though excuse the wrist bands that slightly let us down!!
1. Here we have s detailed picture of a period French paratrooper kit from the mid fities. Correct equipment, three anchor chin strap helmet and period parachute. No reserve in this example as its a manual deployment 'chute...
2. Rear view of same - note TAP webbing
3. A ttempted parachute control in moderate winds - the only way to collapse the canopy is cut the cords or run towards the envelope to collapse - quite tricky in high winds..
4. Defending a position from high ground - use of fox hole and FM make for a formidable field of fire
5. Action shot as we move into position.. note MAT 49
6. Jungle patrol - more akin with early Indochina than algeria
7. On patrol note mix of relevant weapons - MAT, MAS and FM
8. Whoops - that landing hurt!!
9. All work and no play makes jack a dull lad. I'll have a 1664 s'il vous plait