Well, here we have it!. It still has a few interior elements to finish (i.e. the installation of the 'basket' internally) and a few extras to add to the attached kit on the exterior - but to all intents and purpose it is completed and running.
I drove it for the first time last week end and to master the gearbox will be quite a challenge. I managed to drive it into a hedge and without being able to find reverse I had to carry one and as the manual says 'take the obstacle'.. much to the bemusement of the BMW driver behind me..
Its very noisey and hot inside and gear changes whilst moving are the next learning point for me..
The brakes performed well - the oil temperature stayed constant at 60 degrees and the battery remained charged - all good signs. The auto clutch worked and the engine revved freely, although I felt it missed a few times on number 4 cylinder..maybe a break down of the spark cable / plug - i'll look into this.
With the rear armoured panel on it cetainly filled the hull with interesting smells and lots of heat - how these were driven in the desert is a testiment to the young drivers and thier ability to suffer challenging conditions.
I will let the pictures do the talking - the tractor was just for a bump start as the batteries had lost juice due to me leaving the ignition of for over a month!!
Next job is finishing off the interior, exterior and fitting the radios and ammo feeds/ boxes.
Its debut was intended for this week, but my local show was cancelled - so it will be at Trowbridge Vetrans and then War and Peace.
I have already interest shown by a couple of periodicals - so I will keep you infomred about these - but for now enjoy the pictures - it was over 2 years of blood sweat and tears (literally!)